Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, May 29, 2008

 
It's nice to be fit enough to be actually cold-ridden (or something viral... methinks something novel since a: *I* actually caught it and b: it has a different symptom profile htan most colds) and still enjoy a nice ride between naps. (IT's also nice that I sounded disgusting enough at work so that even if I were seen out riding and apparently enjoying myself, it would simply be noted that this was, indeed, the depths of my devotion/addiction to pedaling and not playing hookey.)

Amusing was seeing the bumper sticker where we gathered to ride that said "Consciousness: that annoying time between naps" especially since it so applied to the day, though only the occasional hacking and sore throat were annoying.

Coming back home we were passed by other riders goin' fast... and then I heard outcries ahead. So, when we approached a much slower rider, I said "good afternoon" and that we were the last for a bit... he said, "Thank God!" ... good people, there are lots more folks out riding. Let's announce our presence. It made me think of that article in Momentum that asked "why the hate?" as far as reg'lar folks dissing the lycra-clad - welp, today I saw a justifiable reason for negative categorization, and all it required was streaking by too closely, too quickly.

Now it's time for another nap ;)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?