Subscribe in a reader

Friday, January 11, 2008

 
I'm cruising home from Dos Reales and I hear something like singing from a pedestrian... can't make it out... but I feel compelled to echo the phrasing. Starts la-la-la and turns into "ripple."
And now he's singing out, and I think it's about letting your light shine, shine, shine. Our speed differential separates us...
Everyone should have half a margarita on a Friday night and pedal home. Or... in the words of Dave Carter:
in the redwing valley, on the injun side
upon my daddy’s pony i would ride
now i work in the city on the fact’ry line
and i sing the rock of ages in a midnight choir sometimes

in praise or lamentation, peace or desperation
any way i do, i come into the presence of the lord

in the twilight hour, when the whistle blow
out upon that shotgun street i go
johnny walker on the sidewalk askin for my change
prophesyin thunder, man he’s sleepin in the rain

in praise or lamentation, peace or desperation
any way i do, i come into the presence of the lord

hey, can you hear the trumpet blowin
hey, won’t you come up where i am
sister will you walk beside me where i’m goin
up the shadow canyon
in the pure blood of the lamb

when the midnight special come to take me home
and the toothless buzzard time gnaws down my bones
i will sail on a river in a boat of reeds
cryin, “come, oh come emmanuel, in this my hour of need”

in praise or lamentation, peace or desperation
any way i do, i come into the presence of the lord

(I remember hearing the line about the toothless buzzard on the radio and thinking.. "Dave Carter? yup...)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?