Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, December 27, 2007

 
Another metric
It's drizzly cold and damp
Didn't work too hard.

Yesterday I saw the mounds and mounds and mounds of trash out waiting for pickup. Amazing. If people *thought* about that stuff, maybe we could do a holiday without quite as many tons of debris. So much styrofoam, looking for a home!

Today Champaign CYcle was open so I could swing by and spring the Trek for 27 miles. Wasn't *that* much easier, but I suspect that's just because the 34 on the Xtra toasted me, though I had ... yes... before the twelve days of Christmas were up... taken the tree down. I figured when I leave it at the shop to get its brake rotor (which I didn't do today) that'll be a little easier without the decorations. Couple of customers were admiring the carbon fiber bikes and saw me & said "What the hell do you haul in that thing?" and I said, "oh, anything I want!" and as they gazed, I said, "Just took the Christmas tree down this morning."
"Oh, right away thne! (laugh) Too much air drag."
"yea, I did 75 yesterday and it was a lot of work. I'm taking it easy today."
Bet they're still wondering...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?