Subscribe in a reader

Friday, November 23, 2007

 
Shortest ride of my consecutive-days on Wednesday, because I only went to the Annex to park the bike and got a ride out to the rental place. Then I stopped at Schnuck's for provisions and it had switched from drizzle to drench, so I was damp just from the walk in. "You're not on a bike, are you?"
"I've rented a car, to ride to Maryland."
Regarding this interchange: Yes, I was wearing my gore-tex bicycle rain gear (jacket and bib pants), with reflective yellow ankle strap, but she still needed to "speak bicycle" to recognize that... it's progress when the lifestyle's recognizable ;) (Now, whether she realized that what I said meant that I *would* have been on the bike if it weren't a special occasion...)
Time to shop!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?